[FFmpeg-user] Anyone having success capturing hours of 4k video, reliably and with low loss, using ffmpeg?

Jim DeLaHunt from.ffmpeg-user at jdlh.com
Tue Jul 31 19:46:12 EEST 2018

On 2018-07-31 02:43, Bryce McLeod wrote:
> Its not 4k but on one of our systems we regularly capture on the same
> machine from an sdi source 8-12hours of 3 x 1080p25 streams in lossess h264
> using ffmpeg, all 3 outputs going to spinning disk on 5 year old hardware.
> There is enough headroom that a 4th would be easily possible with newer
> hardware, so I'd say 4k is well doable (though it would make sense to use
> ssds)
Thank you, Bryce. This is exactly the sort of first-hand report from the
field I was hoping to get. You are awesome!

--
     --Jim DeLaHunt, jdlh at jdlh.com     http://blog.jdlh.com/ (http://jdlh.com/)
       multilingual websites consultant

       355-1027 Davie St, Vancouver BC V6E 4L2, Canada
          Canada mobile +1-604-376-8953