[FFmpeg-user] Transcode rtmp to rtsp

Micael Silva micaelsilva at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 23:12:05 EEST 2018

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 4:59 PM, Kenneth Kouba <kkouba at orlandpark.org>
wrote:

> Micael,
> Ok but if the ffmpeg server is also  the broadcast server, thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Ken Kouba
> Sr. Systems Analyst
> Orland Park Police
> 708-364-4908

I was neve be able to successful use ffmpeg, in this case ffserver, to act
as RTSP server, but anyway it was dropped from the ffmpeg package in 4.0 as
stated in https://ffmpeg.org/index.html#ffserv Instead you can use other
solutions like Wowza Server that can by itself input RTMP and output many
protocols including RTSP or try free projects like
https://github.com/revmischa/rtsp-server