[FFmpeg-user] 453 Not enough bandwidth error

Michael Shaffer mikeshaffer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 23:39:32 EEST 2018

Hi, I'm trying to stream an IP camera to youtube, using FFMPEG to push the
stream. The problem is, if I put the camera in 1080p mode, I get this error:

method SETUP failed: 453 Not Enough Bandwidth
Server returned 4XX Client Error, but not one of 40{0,1,3,4}

It works fine in 720p mode but not 1080p. It seems to be just this camera
model (Sanyo VCC-HD4000) since I have 3 other cameras that work fine on
1080p.

I read a review on this camera and they said it uses a lot of bandwidth
compared to other cameras. On 720p mode it's using about 5000kbps, which
most of my other cameras use on 1080p mode.

Anyways, is there a way to allow FFMPEG to use more bandwidth? I have some
programming experience, could I edit the FFMPEG code somehow to allow more
bandwidth?

Thanks,

Michael Shaffer