[FFmpeg-user] Bitrate range when streaming to udp

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 19:02:00 EET 2018

> I have a *.ts file. I want to stream it via udp. No transcoding
> or other similar things, just one stream of MPEG TS.

> And I'd like to have CBR of the stream, as constant as possible.

Do you know what CBR exactly means for a conforming
transport stream?

The reason I ask is that the answer is not trivial, the answer has
nothing to do with constant frame size and you need a stream
analyzer to decide if a transport stream is cbr.

Apart from that:
If you don't want to transcode, then the tool sending via udp
cannot influence if what is sent is cbr or not, it is a property
of the input file.

Stop top-posting here!