[FFmpeg-user] what x264 version to build ffmpeg 3.4.1?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jan 15 04:32:17 EET 2018

Am 15.01.2018 um 03:25 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:

>>> While you could argue that --extra-cflags may be supported
>>> CFLAGS are definitely not supported here when compiling
>>> FFmpeg
>>

>> yeah, the whole world but you supports CFLAGS
>
>> please stop kidding around that ridiculous
>
> I am curious:
> Who does support your configure issues when using CFLAGS
> compiling FFmpeg?

you don't get the point: compiler flags and optimizings (and a lot of
default optimizings are enabled anyways) exists, they continue to exist
even after you close your eyes and since you are the only guy that says
to everyhting "not supported" no matter if it's relevant to whatever
question....

the same for your "scripts are not supported here"

really nobody right in his mind types his configure and make commands
every time from scratch, the whole world is using scripts to make things
reporduceable and they are even easier to use for anybody but you
because other then copy&paste there are no copy&paste errors