[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg3.4 regression

Mark Thompson sw at jkqxz.net
Fri Feb 16 15:33:11 EET 2018

On 16/02/18 12:55, Piotr Oniszczuk wrote:
> Carl,
> Thx for prompt replay.
> Pls see in-line
>
>> Wiadomość napisana przez Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> w dniu 16.02.2018, o godz. 11:22:

>>> -I have some mkv videos which are playing perfectly well with
>>> ffmpeg 3.2.1 - but fails with ffmpeg 3.4
>>
>> Please test current FFmpeg git head, nothing else is supported here.
>
> It looks like I can’t test latest git due lack of support for vdpau.
> Just compiled current git and it looks it is not supporting vdpau as having —enable-vdpau in config gives me in list of supported codecs with h264_nvenc but no h264_vdpau).
> Is it true that vdpau isn’t supported after 3.4.2?

VDPAU is fully supported via the hwaccel API and is usable in the ffmpeg program via the -hwaccel option.  The (deprecated for years) standalone VDPAU decoder which you are trying to use here was removed from master with the major version bump leading to ffmpeg 4.  It is plausible that it was broken before that point (because it never really fit as a decoder and I doubt it ever got much testing once the hwaccel was introduced), but you will likely have a hard time getting anyone to care about such a long-deprecated feature which doesn't exist any more on master.

Thanks,

- Mark