[FFmpeg-user] stream hls from ffmpeg via media-server to TV

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 21:22:00 EET 2018

> Am 07.02.2018 um 19:15 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:

>>> ffmpeg version 3.4.1 Copyright (c) 2000-2017 the FFmpeg developers
>>

>> Please test current FFmpeg git head, nothing else is supported here.
>
> I tested now with ffmpeg version N-89978-gcb97400
>>

>>> Error message on TV is "file not readable" and in ffmpeg "Broken pipe".
>>

>> Assuming this means the hls file, what differences do you see between
>> a working and a "not readable" file?
>
> I have no sniffing experience to see the differences between ffmpeg listen
> mode and streamlink.

Looking again at your command line:
Why are you using FFmpeg?
Your input stream is hls (which is an mpegts stream), and you expect
your tv (and I believe you tested this) to receive mpegts...

FFmpeg is a set of tools and libraries that allow demuxer, transcoding
etc. I believe what you need is a script that forwards the mpegts
stream from the hls source. I don't know such a script but I hope one
exists.