[FFmpeg-user] MXF XAVC UHD video stream modified while using the -copy option

Jerome Martinez jerome at mediaarea.net
Fri Feb 9 11:40:05 EET 2018

On 06/02/2018 18:09, Ronan Ricou wrote:
> The thing is, some video data are lost during the remux as my file is smaller than it should be.
> If I check with MediaInfo, the video stream bit rate, bits/(pixel*frame) value and stream size are smaller.

(disclaimer: I am the main MediaInfo developer)
In your case I think the video bit rate is estimated by MediaInfo from
container size minus audio size minus estimated container overhead, and
the difference may be due to some padding bytes in the MXF stream not
copied by FFmpeg (for good reasons) and not the video stream size
itself. MediaInfo is not intended to be used for such small difference
check, at least by default (i.e. without scanning the whole file).
An additional information about if the indicated size is computed for
sure or estimated is on our ToDo-list without ETA.