[FFmpeg-user] MXF XAVC UHD video stream modified while using the -copy option

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 03:29:04 EET 2018

> Regarding the size difference, I already detailed it on my previous message:
> "I even tried to do a full remux, with the command ffmpeg -i INPUT_FILE -c copy -map 0 OUTPUT_FILE, and the files size aren't the same at all, there is a 165MB difference on the 16GB file I used (duration: 4m30s). The source one is 17 245 128 240 Byte and the remuxed on is 17 072 370 871 Byte"

Sorry if this wasn't completely obvious:
It is expected that output files do not have to same size as input
files after remuxing (for non-raw containers).

Stream sizes are of course identical but you didn't test them afaict.

> Anyway, on the two MXF analyzer tools I used, IRT MXF Analyzer
> and Metaglue MXFixer, the MXF created by FFMpeg contains many
> warnings and a critical error:
> ERROR : Partition ClosedCompleteHeader at 0x00000000 is a
> flagged as "complete" however MPEG2VideoDescriptor/VideoLineMap
> at 000015d4 is set to its distinguished value.

Yes, this sounds like the other mxf issue reported:
As said there, please test if setting a value for video line map is
all that's missing.

And please stop top-posting