[FFmpeg-user] MXF XAVC UHD video stream modified while using the -copy option

Ronan Ricou r.ricou at b-architech.com
Wed Feb 7 10:30:41 EET 2018

Hi,

I know this because the size of the video stream isn't the same on the remuxed file. As its duration is the same as I can play it without any problem, I think some metadata were stripped off, but I don't know which and why. You can also see this in the MediaInfo report I included in my original message.
I even tried to do a full remux, with the command ffmpeg -i INPUT_FILE -c copy -map 0 OUTPUT_FILE, and the files size aren't the same at all, there is a 165MB difference on the 16GB file I used (duration: 4m30s). The source one is 17 245 128 240 Byte and the remuxed on is 17 072 370 871 Byte
Here is a pastebin to the full ffmpeg report of the remux process output: https://pastebin.com/1g7wy59u
Full report of the input file: https://pastebin.com/jF1VKWgM
Full report of the output file: https://pastebin.com/hn17PHKC

Note: for the report I used the -probesize 100M option as otherwise I didn't get all the file information because after some time I get the following error message " Probe buffer size limit of 5000000 bytes reached".

Best Regards,

Ronan