[FFmpeg-user] Alpha Channel QT with SubTitles

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 14:26:37 EET 2018

> Thanks for the frame rate multiplier correction, will make the change.
>
> As for the file, I am checking in FCP 7. When alpha type is set to
> ‘none/ignore’ I see a white background and white text and the drop
> shadow. When the alpha type is set to ‘straight’, ‘black’, or ‘white’
> I don’t see anything.

I wonder how it is possible not to "see anything" on a video screen...

The most relevant question from our point-of-view is if the following
command (or a variant) indicates transparency in your video:
$ ffmpeg -f lavfi -i testsrc=s=hd1080 -i Subs2.mov -filter_complex
overlay -qscale 2 -vcodec mpeg4 out.mov

The issue hitting you may be that a flag has to be set in the mov
file or the video bitstream to indicate the type of the transparency.

Please do not top-post here, Carl Eugen