[FFmpeg-user] Is it possible to add a 'keyw' atom to a MP4

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sun Feb 4 16:50:05 EET 2018

On Fri, Feb 02, 2018 at 21:08:24 +0000, Jason Player wrote:
> metadata fields- check). The funny thing is, ffprobe and ffmpeg will display
> the keyword metadata on my older files, just not set it. I¹ve tried using

You should provide the actual command line you tried, along with its
complete, uncut console output.

> Is there some way I¹m missing

>From looking at the sources and a quick experiment, I can claim that
ffmpeg successfully maps the "keywords" metadata field to the "keyw"
atom:

$ ffmpeg -f lavfi -i testsrc=d=1 -metadata 'keywords=bla, foo' ~/tmp/test.mp4
[...]
$ AtomicParsley ~/tmp/test.mp4 -t
Atom "©too" contains: Lavf58.5.100
Atom "keyw" contains: bla, foo

Is this what you tried? Is this not the expected result? (This keyw
atom is a subatom of udta->ilst.)

Cheers,
Moritz