[FFmpeg-user] Creating surround sound from mono wav files

CherylJosie exwyeorzee at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 24 01:22:38 EET 2018

Yes thanks found a helpful site and got that far just after posting but I found the info on number of channels online not in the ffmpeg manual. I wasn't even sure what to look for so couldn't search the manual with a direct query.

I'm trying to do 7.0 but it's generating 6.1. I'll keep looking for the channel configuration instruction too i guess. I could maybe add a blank LFE if I knew the syntax. Syntax seems different for avlib than for ffmpeg and amerge is an avlib function apparently?
Sorry really new at this av processing. Thanks again for the tip. I'll keep looking. Getting there.