[FFmpeg-user] iOS/watchOS/tvOS/macOS Frameworks

Ronak ronak2121 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 19 18:08:16 EET 2018

Hi all,

I'm trying to use Ffmpeg inside of an Apple framework; (built for all of Apple's platforms). Unfortunately; I'm learning that Apple does not support embedding .dylibs inside of .frameworks anywhere but macOS environments.

Therefore, I'm trying to find out the best way to convert the Ffmpeg .dylibs to .frameworks.

I tried to just package the .dylibs (rename it) and make a .framework manually, but libavfilter (and the other libs) all depend on headers defined in libavutil...has anyone already figured out how to do this conversion?

If we have, does Ffmpeg support building as .frameworks from the get go?

Thanks,

Ronak