[FFmpeg-user] IP Camera stream copy to multiple outputs

Michael Shaffer mikeshaffer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 13:38:01 EET 2018

I'm using ffmpeg to stream copy from an IP camera to youtube live. I would
also like to save a copy of the video to my hard drive. The problem is the
IP camera only supports one connection at a time. Is there a way to send
ffmpeg to a program that would "multiply" the video so I could use as many
copies as I want? I want to write 3 separate python programs to manage the
different tasks I want to do with the video. One for streaming to youtube.
One for archiving the footage. A third one for experimenting with OpenCV
motion detection on the video.