[FFmpeg-user] Warning: VBV buffer size not set

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at gmx.de
Thu Dec 13 15:39:16 EET 2018

Hi,

Am 12.12.18 um 20:15 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> (My answer wasn't wrong but your command line does not make
> much sense.)
>
> If your command succeeds (ie you ignore Hans' warning but still
> get a useful output file) the following will also work and has
> many advantages (apart from not showing a muxer warning):
> cat CYD-001.vob CYD-002.vob ... >CYD_copy.vob

With this I got an unusable result. The file was not playable with
several video players, but the result from

ffmpeg -i "concat:CYD-001.vob|CYD-002.vob|..." -c copy CYD_copy.vob

was.

If you are familiar with German, you can follow the whole case here (the
partial .vob-files had to be created by dvd::rip):
https://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/konvertiertes-video-am-ende-ohne-ton-geeignete/
Especially note this post:
https://forum.ubuntuusers.de/post/9029332/

-Ulf