[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg 4.0.2 and above missing 'ffio_open_dyn_packet_buf' from avformat.lib & avformat.dll

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 13:07:40 EET 2018

> While building 'ffmpeg' 4.0.2 and above, missing function
> 'ffio_open_dyn_packet_buf'. Due to this I am unable to compile my project.
> I spend my whole week to find the solution but didn't get success. When
> searching this function in code than it is available on source code.But
> when build from sorce code this function is missing.

This is intentional, the function is meant for internal use in libavformat,
not for use outside of the library.
Change the name of the function so that it starts with "av_" if you want
it exported but remember that you have to do this for every new version
of FFmpeg and note that we may change (or remove) the function
without notice.
(An alternative is to edit libavformat/libavformat.v)