[FFmpeg-user] Conversion to mp4 without locking the video resolution

Mayank Aggarwal maggarwal.securustech at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 17:38:02 EEST 2018

Hi,

I have a .webm recording of a mobile stream which has dynamic resolution
ie. the resolution changes from 640x480 to 480x640 in between when the user
changes the orientation of the mobile from portrait to landscape.

When I convert this .webm recording to .mp4 using FFmpeg, FFmpeg locks the
resolution to that of the initial resolution in the .webm file. In my case
it locks to 640x480.

Is it possible to convert the file to .mp4 using FFmpeg without locking the
resolution?

I am using a simple command:
ffmpeg -i video.webm video.mp4

Any pointers in this regard would be highly appreciated?

Thanks,
Mayank