[FFmpeg-user] -copyts option issue on live stream

Jakub Vojáček jakub at jacon.cz
Thu Aug 23 18:44:55 EEST 2018

Hello,

I am trying to use -copyts option while transcoding live stream. It works
flawlessly, the transcoded stream has the same pts as the input stream.
When the input multicast restarts (pts changes from xxx back to zero), the
transcoded stream copies that as well - this is not what we want.

Basically, what we need is that the transcoded stream starts with the same
pts as input stream but do not change them when input pts resets, it should
just keep going on with whatever pts should be next.

I tried looking into -setpts option but couldnt find a combination that
would work.

Is something like this even possible? Can you please help me?

Thank you
Jakub