[FFmpeg-user] DVD video format

Francois Visagie francois.visagie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 15:58:23 EEST 2018

If the amount of DVD content cropping you see is limited, it could be accounted for by TV display standards (including for DVD sources) making provision for overscan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overscan).

The signal path from the DVD player to the TV/monitor will determine whether overscan is in operation or not. Over-simplifying somewhat, overscan will be active when your TV is used as a TV and not as a computer monitor.