[FFmpeg-user] How to build static fontconfig with ffmpeg?

Reino Wijnsma rwijnsma at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 9 03:09:46 EEST 2018

On 24-7-2018 08:02, qw <applemax82 at 163.com> wrote:
> At 2018-07-23 22:43:44, "Roger Pack" <rogerdpack2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Wonder if it should be
>> or use another configure command : ./configure --disable-shared
>> --enable-static LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib" LIBS="-lfreetype -lharfbuzz
>> -lpng"
>> If that doesn't work maybe the circular dep. with harfbuzz and free
>> type isn't trivial?
> It doesn't work. I combine libfreetype.a, libharfbuzz.a and libpng16.a into new libfreetype.a, and can succeed in building fontconfig by linking to the new libfreetype.a, i.e.
>
> ar x libfreetype.a" && ar x libharfbuzz.a" && ar x libpng16.a" && ar cru libfreetype.new.a ./*.o && ranlib libfreetype.new.a
>
> Is there another method to build fontconfig? Is it possible to build fontconfig by only running configure and make?
Andrew, how does your FreeType2 pkg-config file ('freetype2.pc') look like?
You're compiling Fontconfig. Fontconfig requires FreeType2, which in turn (in your case) requires LibPNG and Harfbuzz.
To have Fontconfig also recognize Freetype2's requirements (LibPNG and Harfbuzz) I believe you need to run "pkg-config --static".
I've had this issue before with a library that needed Freetype2. So I believe the following should work:

8) build fontconfig-2.13.0.tar.bz2
export PKG_CONFIG="pkg-config --static"
./configure --disable-shared --enable-static
make
unset PKG_CONFIG

-- Reino