[FFmpeg-user] repeat first and last frame of a video

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Wed Aug 1 21:54:10 EEST 2018

>> Repeat the first frame of a video 100 times (with the same framerate as
>> the video), then copy the video, then repeat the last frame 100 times?
> If you mean to copy video without generally losing quality than answer is no.
> Otherwise you can use loop video filter.

The loop video filter requires the number of the first frame of the
loop. For the first frame that's 0, that's easy. But is there a way for
find out the number of the last frame in a video? I mean automatically,
because I want to run the command for several videos of different length.

Thanks,
Michael