[FFmpeg-user] How to download the ts files from .m3u8 playlist

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Apr 30 14:21:40 EEST 2018

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 08:41:32 +0000, m.kamalasubha m.kamalasubha wrote:
> I tried the above command line. It works.

Nice!

> But the requirement is to have individual raw files for every individual ts
> file.

Again, you didn't say so originally.

> Is there any way to generate raw file for every ts file?

Sure, but then you obviously need the individual files. As far as I
know, ffmpeg's HLS mechanisms have no way of handling the segments
separately. So, you need to resort to youtube-dl again, and add the
option "--keep-fragments" (and possibly keep the other options I
mentioned). Then you can apply the given ffmpeg raw extaction command
on each individual segment.

Cheers,
Moritz