[FFmpeg-user] Unable to build FFmpeg 4.0 on macOS

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Apr 29 13:01:46 EEST 2018

Am 29.04.2018 um 08:20 schrieb :
> Am 29.04.18 um 00:06 schrieb Lou Logan:
>> Why do you have so many dependencies? Are you trying to enable everything? If yes, why?
>>
>> Keep things simple and just enable what you need.
>
> I do. This dependencies are so many, because I need them for other
> projects. There are not all related to FFmpeg. I only enable thinks I
> will need for sure.

the for the sake of god *disable* things you don't need for ffmpeg with
--disable/--without and don't pretend just because a devel-package
exists every software which knows it need to be linked against

automatically that often happens to enable featrures which *may* the
rreson for installing the dependiencies but you stil have the control
what you spit into your ./configure commandline