[FFmpeg-user] Reporting GCC 7.3.0 compiler-warnings on FFmpeg git (955fa23)

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 23:47:15 EEST 2018

> On 19-4-2018 12:13, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> libavformat/hlsenc.c: In function 'get_default_pattern_localtime_fmt':
>>> libavformat/hlsenc.c:1676:63: warning: unknown conversion type character
>>> 's' in format
>>>         return (HAVE_LIBC_MSVCRT || !strftime(b, sizeof(b), "%s", p)
>> What does "grep HAVE_LIBC_MSVCRT config.h" show for you?
> #define HAVE_LIBC_MSVCRT 0

Patch sent (I believe it was rejected before and I cannot test).

>>> libavutil/hwcontext_d3d11va.c: In function 'd3d11va_transfer_data':
>>> libavutil/hwcontext_d3d11va.c:413:49: warning: passing argument 3 of
>>> 'av_image_copy' from incompatible pointer type
>> Does changing the third argument of av_image_copy() in
>> libavutil/imgutils.h
>> into "const uint8_t * const src_data[4]" silence anything?
> I take it you meant this one?

No, please copy the quotation above into the definition of
av_image_copy().
(You did not copy the quotation and changed another function
definition).

[...]

>> (Only hwcontext_d3d11va.o testing required, breaks imgutils.o compilation)
> I'm still rather new to all of this and normally I would always run make on
> FFmpeg. Can you tell me how I can compile just this one file?

$ make libavutil/hwcontext_d3d11va.o

Thank you, Carl Eugen