[FFmpeg-user] problem transcoding raw g729 to wav format

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 20:15:07 EEST 2017

>>> On Sep 28, 2017, at 5:52 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>
>>> Does it work if you use file input?

> Hmm, well in my latest testing I am getting a good wave file
> generated — both when I test using streams or files.

I wonder if arbitrarily cut files (with missing bytes at the start) are
accepted by the decoder but couldn't test because I only found
the G.729 bit samples (that contain headers).
You could test with something like:
$ dd if=caller.raw of=test.raw bs=1 skip=1
And increasing skip value.

> So perhaps my only concern is the warnings about
> "Non-monotonous DTS in output stream..”

I cannot reproduce them with the bit files...

Perhaps you could provide an audible sample?

> What is this trying to tell me?  Is this something I can safely
> ignore, or should I look into addressing it somehow?

These messages shouldn't matter if your output is
s16le wav.