[FFmpeg-user] Streaming a H264 stream from a named pipe - Windows - to FFServer

Thadeu Antonio Ferreira de Melo thadeu.afm at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 05:06:22 EEST 2017

Hello.

We are using Nvidia Capture to capture and encode a 3D app. Our solution
writes the stream into a named pipe \\.\pipe\stream -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Named_pipe

This stream is playable with "ffplay \\.pipe\stream".

The problem now is that we have to channel this stream to our local net
work and internet. Low latency is very important.

We are exploring possible solutions like :

ffmpeg -override_ffserver -f \\.\pipe\stream  http://<our server
ip>:8090/feed1.ffm

With mpegts and pure UDP it works for localhost and local network. I also
tried to reencode the data, without success.

So, what is the simplest way to send the stream up to our FFSERVER (or
Gstreamer server)?