[FFmpeg-user] Dolby E decoder

Mike Brown brown at mrvideo.vidiot.com
Fri Sep 8 15:25:58 EEST 2017

On Fri, Sep 08, 2017 at 01:39:34PM +0200, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> On 9/8/17, Mike Brown <brown at mrvideo.vidiot.com> wrote:

[trimmed]

> > Why doesn't it matter?
> >
> > ffmpeg -i input_test.ts -map 0:1 -c:a pcm_s24le output_test.wav
>
> You need -c:a copy here, but you may also need to override input codec.

The initial example wanted a wave file.  The audio stream that is in the
TS file is not wave, it is SMPTE-302M.  The above extracts the wave stream
out of the TS file's PCM stream.  Obviously I am missing something as to
what is going on.

So, I am completely confused as to how the raw stream data can be extracted,
or overridden.

> > ffmpeg version N-52837-g399f6ef Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg
> > developers
>
> 2013 ? Today year is 2017, Welcome to future.

That is because newer versions of ffmpeg no longer work with XP.  They crash
trying to use an operation in a DLL that does not exist.  I have operational
reasons that require XP.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot at vidiot.com | vidiot at vidiot.net            /~\ The ASCII