[FFmpeg-user] Why is concat so slow on a powerful machine?

Tim Hiles timothyhiles at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 04:33:28 EEST 2017

On Oct 17, 2017 6:22 PM, "Kevin Duffey" <
kevinmduffey-at-yahoo.com at ffmpeg.org> wrote:

Yup. I do not specify the output. I just use the same .mov file extension
as the two source files. Is it possible even though I specify -c copy
out.mov it is rendering and not Concat??
The pisser of this is that it is much faster putting the clips together and
rendering it out in resolve 14. I was hoping this would be much faster
since it is just concatting. But currently it is taking 10x longer.  That
can't be right. Even if it were rendering that is extremely slow.

2 things:

1. Send full command line and uncut complete ffmpeg output for users to
help evaluate your issue.

2. Do not top post to this email list.