[FFmpeg-user] Canon C200 CRAW or .CRM

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 21:38:49 EEST 2017

> Here is a sample of C200 Raw :  http://tbf.me/a/cPz6X

Thank you!

> I understand that FFMPEG does not encode EXR, but
> not sure why this is since its open source.

FFmpeg does not support any float colour space.
It is not entirely clear if supporting it would do much good,
I don't think your graphics driver supports it and FFmpeg
is for a large part about encoding for playback.

> The other formats FFMPEG does support, and I am
> trying to stay away from the likes of DNxHR or Prores.

These are the formats that people needing intermediate
formats recommend.

> What I am trying to get to is simple batch processing of
> RAW footage to EXR

This is currently unsupported by FFmpeg.

Isn't your input Bayer?
I thought using a float colourspace to store Bayer input is
not ideal.

Please remember not to top-post here, Carl Eugen