[FFmpeg-user] nvenc burn subtitles while transcoding

James Girotti james.girotti at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 01:35:50 EEST 2017

> When I add hw acceleration for decoding I stops. Any ideas what can I try?

Not exactly sure how it works with filter_complex, but with regular filter
you would do something like:

"hwdownload,format=nv12,YOUR_FILTERS_HERE,format=yuv420p,hwupload_cuda"

This will grab the decoded frames from GPU memory, convert to nv12 (from
cuda format), then apply whatever filter you need, change the format to
something reasonable (my example uses yuv420p, then upload frames back to
GPU memory

Hope that helps,
-J