[FFmpeg-user] Latest GIT version doesn't compile with libvpx_vp9 encoder

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Oct 17 19:02:30 EEST 2017

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 17:49:53 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:
> and i was asked dozens of times why i specify my configure options
> always explicit, not only for ffmpeg - because "i guess it will do
> something right" is a bad attitude :-)

For once, I totally agree. "Please leave that option away, that's the
default behavior" may fine, but it's fragile if you:

- want to ensure a certain feature is supported (and want the build to
  bail out if not)
- want to ensure a certain feature is not included.

The behavior of configure can change, so can the build environment, but
these requirements may be the same, so explicitly stating them is
totally valid, IMHO. (That said, there is a lot of configure overkill
out there.)

Moritz