[FFmpeg-user] Latest GIT version doesn't compile with libvpx_vp9 encoder

ZikZak zikzakfr at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 17:33:23 EEST 2017

Thanks for taking the tme to parse the file.

I wanted to explain that now configure does not report the VP8 encoder like
it was previously without --enable-libvpx.
With the last GIT if I do not add --enable-libvpx to teh configrue line I
won't even get VP8, VP9 is still not reported as an encoder though.

New try with the latest pull:
Enabled encoders:
libopus                     libvpx_vp8
png                         webvtt

make...

AR      libavdevice/libavdevice.a
AR      libavfilter/libavfilter.a
AR      libavformat/libavformat.a
AR      libpostproc/libpostproc.a
AR      libswresample/libswresample.a
AR      libavutil/libavutil.a
AR      libswscale/libswscale.a
AR      libavcodec/libavcodec.a
LD      ffmpeg_g
libavcodec/libavcodec.a(libvpxdec.o): In function `vpx_init':
/root/GIT/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libvpxdec.c:57: undefined reference to
`vpx_codec_vp8_dx_algo'
/root/GIT/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libvpxdec.c:57: undefined reference to
`vpx_codec_vp8_dx_algo'
libavcodec/libavcodec.a(libvpxenc.o): In function `vp8_init':
/root/GIT/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libvpxenc.c:1180: undefined reference to
`vpx_codec_vp8_cx'
Makefile:107: recipe for target 'ffmpeg_g' failed
make: *** [ffmpeg_g] Error 1

I'll try with the latest snapshot, just in case...