[FFmpeg-user] Latest GIT version doesn't compile with libvpx_vp9 encoder

ZikZak zikzakfr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 07:11:53 EEST 2017

~/GIT/ffmpeg# rm -fv libavcodec/*vpx*.[do]
removed ‘libavcodec/libvpxdec.d’
removed ‘libavcodec/libvpxdec.o’
removed ‘libavcodec/libvpxenc.d’
removed ‘libavcodec/libvpxenc.o’

~/GIT/ffmpeg# make
CC      libavcodec/libvpxdec.o
CC      libavcodec/libvpxenc.o
AR      libavcodec/libavcodec.a
LD      ffmpeg_g
libavcodec/libavcodec.a(libvpxdec.o): In function `vpx_init':
/root/GIT/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libvpxdec.c:57: undefined reference to
`vpx_codec_vp8_dx_algo'
/root/GIT/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libvpxdec.c:57: undefined reference to
`vpx_codec_vp8_dx_algo'
libavcodec/libavcodec.a(libvpxenc.o): In function `vp8_init':
/root/GIT/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libvpxenc.c:1180: undefined reference to
`vpx_codec_vp8_cx'
Makefile:107: recipe for target 'ffmpeg_g' failed
make: *** [ffmpeg_g] Error 1

VP9 was dropped by configure and I was not able to find in config.log why
it did so, onlythe output of configure with enabled encoders told me that
VP9 would not be built.