[FFmpeg-user] Build FFmpeg libraries in Windows

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Nov 30 15:37:17 EET 2017

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 18:46:51 +0530, m.kamalasubha m.kamalasubha wrote:
> for FFmpeg 3.3 version

An particular reason for not choosing something newer?

> In order to generate static libs, I changed the configure options from
> "--enable-shared --disable-static" to "--enable-static --disable-shared".
> But, it always generates libraries in ".a" format.

A patch to change this was posted to the ffmpeg-devel mailing list
recently:
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2017-September/216916.html

but it was not accepted, because it may break existing workflows.

> How to generate static libraries in ".lib" format?

I guess what you can do is to apply the patch provided in the quoted
e-mail, or just rename those files to *.lib yourself after compilation.

Moritz