[FFmpeg-user] Creat mosaic without loose quality

Marco De Angelis marcod71 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 29 17:39:00 EET 2017

 Hi Carl, I appreciate you trying to help me, it was very usefull for me.
I'm trying to reduce the time required to produce the output (now it takes about 20 seconds). Next step is to enable hardware acceleration but I'm not sure this could help (my card is Nvidia Geforce 940M).

Considering my target to place the four video together, do you have any idea to speed up the file creation?
Regards

    On Sunday, November 26, 2017, 12:49:17 PM GMT+1, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm analyzing the video using Quicktime since it is easy to move frame by frame
> using arrow keys, but sometime it take lot of time moving backward and forward
> and it stop.
> I've tryed to change CRF from 0 to 18, but or the quality is very low (18) or it
> continue to stop during play.

> Are there any setting to speed up playing?

I guess using a smaller gop size or intra-only, should be option -g.

Please remember not to top-post here, Carl Eugen