[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg Hall of Shame

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Nov 29 17:44:12 EET 2017

Am 29.11.2017 um 16:08 schrieb Thirumalaisamy K:
> If you believe that this is what meant in LGPL v2.1, we can just quite this
> discussion here as I have the answer now...:)

for such license discussions you need a laywer

and if you consult 3 different laywers you will reieve 4 different
opinions as always - the *intention* of the GPL is that the sources are
free and that you can't fork or use the code in your own product without
also make the sources free

*nothing* of that happens in case somebody provides you a pre-compiled
ffmpeg binary to take the burden of do it at your own from your
shoulders and as said just by sha256sum you can't insinuate that they
modified something