[FFmpeg-user] HEVC Conformance Test Failed

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Nov 29 13:15:15 EET 2017

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 18:19:03 +0800, Zhenan Lin wrote:
> ouput and 1 bitstream failed to decoded.
[...]
> TSUNEQBD_A_MAIN10_Technicolor_2/TSUNEQBD_A_MAIN10_Technicolor_2.bit
> HM 16.9: 1bed23df7253170eeb8efc3fd1b740a3
> FFmpeg: N/A

This is obviously not supported, as ffmpeg reports:
[hevc @ 0xa3919a0] Luma bit depth (10) is different from chroma bit depth (9), this is unsupported.

The file's description says that this is not a misinterpretation by
ffmpeg, but an intent of the file:

  purpose: Check Transform Skip intra and inter with unequal bitdepth (luma: 10-bit, chroma: 9-bit)

I'm certain that a patch for ffmpeg's hevc decoder is welcome. ;-)

I can't comment on the MD5 mismatches. I understand the samples are
quite "special", and apparently hit some shortcomings of the
decoder(?).

Do all the other samples decode correctly?

Moritz