[FFmpeg-user] If FFmpeg compatible with Windows Docker ?

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 12:38:35 EET 2017

> During further research I have come across this post -
>
> https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/0c13bd1a-388f-48cf-a190-7259d39a080f/ffmpeg-doesnt-work-from-inside-a-container-but-works-on-the-host?forum=windowscontainers
>
> Which suggests that ffmpeg.exe can run only if two dlls - avicap32.dll and
> msvfw32.dll are present on your windows machine, they'll generally be in
> System32 folder.
>
> I copied these two from working box to windows docker container where
> these files weren't present, and ffmpeg started working after that.

It may be easier to configure with --disable-indev=vfwcap

> Has anyone come across this dependency to run ffmpeg.exe in past ?

According to the post you linked above: Yes.

> I thought ffmpeg static binary wouldn't need anything else to run itself.

This is correct (it is easy to build a static FFmpeg binary on Linux
without X-functionality and possible with X) but I am not convinced
this is possible on Windows: Do static system libraries exist?