[FFmpeg-user] [EXTERNAL] Re: Cannot build ffmpeg with libx264

Peterson, David J djpeter at sandia.gov
Mon Nov 20 20:17:22 EET 2017

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the reply.  I would be happy to act on any explanations it gives but there was no explanation I saw.  This is most likely due to my ignorance.  Excerpts from the .log files from configure attached (these are the last 4 of 11 times it hit).  Do this make any sense to you perhaps why it would be thus throwing the error?

gcc -L /ffmpeg_installation/ffmpeg_build/lib -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,noexecstack -static -o /tmp/ffconf.xsWlVzny/test /tmp/ffconf.xsWlVzny/test.o -lbz2 -pthread -pthread
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lbz2

gcc -L /ffmpeg_installation/ffmpeg_build/lib -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,noexecstack -static -o /tmp/ffconf.xsWlVzny/test /tmp/ffconf.xsWlVzny/test.o -llzma -pthread -pthread
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llzma

ffmpeg_installation/ffmpeg_build/lib/libx264.a(mc-c.o): In function `x264_plane_copy_avx':mc-c.c:(.text+0x11ac): undefined reference to `_intel_fast_memcpy'

ffmpeg_installation/ffmpeg_build/lib/libx264.a(mc-c.o): In function `x264_plane_copy_avx':mc-c.c:(.text+0x11ac): undefined reference to `_intel_fast_memcpy'
ERROR: libx264 not found

As for yasm and nasm.  It was a while back but it griped unless I had both.  The compilation guide instructs to install both as well for RHEL.  Again, am very green to any compiling under unix based systems to please forgive my ignorance.

Thank you very much for the help,

David

David Peterson

~Dovie'andi Se Tovya Sagain~

Sandia National Laboratories
Org. 1555 Computational Structural Mechanics & Applications
P.O. Box 5800 MS 0840
Albuquerque, NM 87185
Office: 505-284-0235