[FFmpeg-user] Windows 10, ffmpeg concat/demux is slow... part 2

Carlos E. R. robin.listas at telefonica.net
Mon Nov 13 11:50:17 EET 2017

On Sunday, 2017-11-12 at 16:52 -0000, Kevin Duffey wrote:

>> You may get further advice on this-  top-posting
>> questions tend to draw people (like me) out
>> of the woodwork.
>

> OK.. this is my attempt at bottom posting.  I am using yahoo email.. the
> latest version i guess it is on. When i reply, I am at the top, and I
> now see the original message collapsed. Thus i expanded it and deleted
> most of it as you can see that I only have a little bit left of your
> message. Thank you for the links, I read those and now understand the
> top/bottom post stuff. I had a rough idea, but it made more sense with
> the details in those links.
>
> The question I have now.. regarding this (and I do realize I hijacked my
> own thread to ask this question.. I have another reply related to my
> original topic in the works) is how do I get yahoo mail, and maybe even
> gmail to auto-quote or use the > and in reply? I currently have to
> manually select each line and put those characters in myself.

Your problem is caused preciseely because you are using the Yahoo web mail
interface. It simply does not support interleaved posting or bottom
posting.

You appear to be using this:

  x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/62.0.3202.62
  Safari/537.36

You should be using a *real* mail client instead.

For instance, you could install Thunderbird in your machine, and configure
it to use your yahoo mail account.

Then you can write interleaved posting trivially.

If you have to use the yahoo webmail interface, I'd rather prefer you
continued top-posting. Just add a note like "sorry for topposting, this
webmail does not support interleaved posting".

- --
Cheers,
        Carlos E. R.