[FFmpeg-user] Windows 10, ffmpeg concat/demux is slow... part 2

Kevin Duffey kevinmduffey at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 12 19:17:38 EET 2017

back then you have been asked if you had turned off all security monitoring
for the target folder, such as Windows Defender, to which you haven't
replied. ffmpeg is per se not a signed application, which could make
utilities like such suspect there is something happening they should keep
tracking.

Sorry.. trying to figure out this bottom post thing.. cant seem to get the quote or > thing working yet.
I dont recall reading that option in a reply previously, but that is interesting. I am not sure how to check for that, I can figure it out I am sure. However, I would guess it is not an issue. I typically turn off that stuff on my machines as I have a pretty decent hardware firewall in place at my router which is Unifi/Ubiquiti hardware. Doesnt mean it may not be an issue.
In reply to another post.. using Task Manager to see disk usage.. I am currently copying a 300GB DNxHR video from the SSD over USB3.1 to my local internal HD. The copy speed indicates 40MB/s, in Task Manager, it shows a bit over 80MB/s, which I assume accounts for the read from the drive and the write to the drive... not sure though.  So this strikes me as one problem. USB 3 is 5Gb/s. Or about 500MB/s. As one of the drives is an SSD.. this seems ridiculous to me that it is basically moving at USB2 speeds. At the very least, as it is over a USB 3.1 gen 2, 10Gb/s wire... it should be much much faster than this. So now I am left wondering why my system is super slow at copying files. Is there some configuration in Windows 10 that has to be enabled to allow fast copying?