[FFmpeg-user] Windows 10, ffmpeg concat/demux is slow... part 2

Rob Hallam ffmpeg at roberthallam.com
Sun Nov 12 10:32:02 EET 2017

On 12 November 2017 at 05:41, Kevin Duffey
<kevinmduffey-at-yahoo.com at ffmpeg.org> wrote:

> Incidentally, I send this and reply via email.  Is there some way to not top post? A few of you responded last time with telling me not to top post, but I am not sure what that is and how to avoid it when using email replies.
> thank you.

There are plenty of hits if you search for 'top-posting', eg:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Top-posting
http://www.idallen.com/topposting.html

The second link has the key message:

> Bottom-posting occurs when someone replies to your message by adding content to the bottom of the message you sent, after trimming your original message down to remove irrelevant header lines, signatures, and irrelevant quoted context

So, when you reply, click a button to show what has
already been written (you might need to click a button
to show that depending on your email client). Then
delete stuff that isn't relevant, leaving a bit that
you are replying to as context, and add your reply
below those quoted bits (you can use a '>' to
indicate a quote, '>>' a quote of a quote, etc).

That way it's obvious which bits you are responding
to in your reply.

You may get further advice on this-  top-posting
questions tend to draw people (like me) out
of the woodwork.

Good luck!
Rob