[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg version

Alexis Doussot doussot.alexis at gmail.com
Sun May 7 19:27:05 EEST 2017

- About The FFmpeg version:

Check this thread
http://www.ffmpeg-archive.org/ffmpeg-and-webm-format-and-mkv-format-td4677525.html#dd_postdropdown4677533.
It's because you installed a develop version instead of a release one.
You can check the FFmpeg version date of "N-85203-g400378b" by typing
inside FFmpeg repository (https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg)

git log 400378b

- About libx264:

You decide to include libx264 at compilation step. In which OS are you
trying to install it ? If you are a linux user and you are in a mood
for compiling you can follow this thread:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/How%20to%20quickly%20compile%20FFmpeg%20with%20libx264%20(x264%2C%20H.264)
to enable libx264

aldo