[FFmpeg-user] Avid opAtom trouble

Jaka Bac jakabac at gmail.com
Fri May 5 13:31:42 EEST 2017

Hello

This probably happens because the ffmpeg MXF muxer does not write some
metadata that Avid expects.

Namely the following entries in the CDCI descriptor will be missing:
 SampledWidth = 1920
 SampledHeight = 1080

and this will be set (where 1920x1088 comes from):
 StoredWidth = 1920
 StoredHeight = 544

But the actual problem I believe is the missing metadata.

There is a patch floating around the mailing lists which fixes this (and
also same problem which happens where OP1a XDCAM HD files generated by
ffmpeg are imported into Avid editors).
https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2016-June/194830.html

Is there any reason why this patch is not accepted/applied?

Jaka

On 2 May 2017 at 17:37, Bouke (VideoToolShed) <bouke at videotoolshed.com>