[FFmpeg-user] Using h264 video format commercially

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 10:52:02 EEST 2017

> We have developed a commercial offering to create personalized videos;
> we're using FFmpeg to generate the videos in H.264 format.

FFmpeg does not support generating h264 video (x264 does).

If your question really was about FFmpeg's license:
It is the GPL, meaning you get no warranty and you have to distribute
source code together with binaries.
(It is GPL, not LGPL, if you are also using x264.)

Nobody on this mailing list is qualified to answer license questions
not related to FFmpeg itself, please ask your lawyer.