[FFmpeg-user] H.265/HEVC for Premiere Pro compatibility

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Wed Mar 29 02:14:53 EEST 2017

On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 21:55:16 +0200
Moritz Barsnick <barsnick at gmx.net> wrote:

> b) use the ffmpeg/ffplay/ffprobe command line option "-report". It will
>    nicely place a log file into the current directory which contains
>    the command line an the complete, uncut console output - even
>    without the line wraps which the Windows cmd console introduces.
>    This text file then should be attached to the response on this list.
>
> When all else seems to fail, the "supporters" on this list should
> recommend using the latter option and attaching the resulting file.

As convenient as "-report" can be I usually do not recommend it because
by default it uses the "verbose" log level which definitely lives up to
its name: it's needlessly too verbose for general help. The verbosity
usually exceeds my laziness threshold and I tend to just move on to a
different question.

The FFREPORT environmental variable can be used instead, but I don't
know if that works with Windows, and it would probably be too confusing
for some users.

http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#Generic-options