[FFmpeg-user] Option -nostdin not working correctly?

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 21:12:19 EET 2017

>   $ ffmpeg -y -f lavfi -i testsrc=r=1 -t 300 out.mp4&
>     ffmpeg version 3.1.7 Copyright (c) 2000-2017 the FFmpeg developers

Note that this is old and that you are expected to always post
command line and complete, uncut console output when asking
for support.

>     [1]+  Stopped       ffmpeg -y -f lavfi -i testsrc=r=1 -t 300 out.mp4
>   $ ls -l out.mp4
>     ls: cannot access 'out.mp4': No such file or directory
>
> Only after using `fg` to get the process to the foreground, FFmpeg will
> actually start the encoding.
>
> I have tried using the `-nostdin` option to fix

FFmpeg can accept stdin for control, this disables it (and seems
unrelated to your isssue).

[...]

> Is that a bug in the current FFmpeg version?

(The question is misleading given the age of the version
you test.)
Since this behaviour exists since at least 2009, I don't
think so.