[FFmpeg-user] H.265 Will not Play in Premiere

Steve Newcomb srn at coolheads.com
Fri Mar 24 16:36:33 EET 2017

On 03/23/2017 05:01 PM, Chris Colton wrote:
> VLC and even Vimeo, but Premiere Pro shows a blank, solid green image
> in the file instead of the actual video. Any ideas?

Here's something that *may* be relevant.

I've seen a green screen matching your description when using vlc in
combination with vnc (which I know is not the right way to do it). Very
puzzling.  I have concluded that the media player (vlc in my case) is
talking to the nvidia driver in that particular box, and the nvidia
driver isn't playing nicely with vnc, so what I see on the remote
display is the green screen instead of what nvidia is actually
displaying.  But what is the source of the green?  The nvidia system?  I
don't know, but that's my guess.  And so I'm wondering about your
system's video display configuration.