[FFmpeg-user] Slight blur on converted video

Erik Dobberkau erik.dobberkau at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 19:48:12 EET 2017

 chronek :

> We still do not know what is his colorspace of input video, if it is only
> yuv420p then conversion to prores_ks profile:v 1 (yuv422p10) will be losy,
> not to mention that prores is itself losy, why not use native yuv420p? If
> you really need change codec why not use utvideo it can loseless
> yuv420,yuv422,yuv422p10,rgb,rgb10,etc.... or just use avisynth scrypt and
> load direct to AME...

Does it matter? If he's using ProRes as online editing codec at his place,
this is the desired (intermediate) format. Of course every conversion is
lossy.

> +full_chroma_int flag show that you doing conversion of colorspace

Colorspace conversion should not affect sharpness. What I see from the
screenshots is a strong interpolation, and I wonder what's causing this (as
does Dave, I guess). There's a noticable difference between the AME and the
ffmpeg results.